MOSCOMPASS MODEL 9* SUPER ELITE ORIENTEERING COMPASS
- Superior combination of speed and stability
- Suitable for top speed runs
- Durable to withstand extreme conditions
- Turnable capsule
Moscompass Model 9* Super Elite is recommended for the national team level orienteers, who prefer very precise direction and stable needle when running at top speed. Excellent compass for sprint courses as well as other distances.
- Disc stabilization system: * (star)
- Needle settling time: 1-1.5 sec.;
- Stability during running: the best
- Magnet: Extra high-power;
- Scale: none
COMPASS PLATES AVAILABLE
This compass is available for the right hand and left hand with all plates (L, R, XL, XR, C, B).
MAGNETIC ZONES AVAILABLE
The earth’s magnetic field does not flow evenly between the magnetic poles along the surface of the planet. The local magnetic field lines tilt as you approach a pole, flowing completely vertical at either pole. To compensate for the natural tilt in the magnetic field Moscompass compasses have a balancing system with needles balanced for each magnetic zone, that results in fast needle settling times and excellent needle stability during running.
- MN - Magnetic north (Europe, North America, Asia)
- NME - North magnetic equator
- ME - Magnetic equator (Brasil, central Africa)
- SME - South magnetic equator
- MS - Magnetic south (Australia, New Zealand)
“Moscow Compass” company was founded in 1992 and specializes in manufacture of high-quality compasses for sports and tourism. Moscompass compasses are created tor work in extreme competitive conditions when the exact definition of azimuth is required at fast walking or running. Unique characteristics like the speed of setting of a needle and stability at movement, the compasses are well recognized all over the world not only by orienteering amateurs but also high-level athletes.
The warranty period for Moscompass compasses:
- Models 2, 3, 8, 9, 9-11-2, 8*Elite, 9*Elite – 3 years;
- Models 11, 22 – 2 years